By: Charlie Martin, Founder, engagementtoolbox.com
All of us have the opportunity to make a difference every day in many ways. Ask yourself the following questions every day:
• Am I investing enough time and resources in myself to assure that I am the best I can be?
• Do I look at my job, company, organization in terms of possibilities or deficiencies?
• Do I look at my relationships in terms of what can I give first?
• Do I show up in every situation with a starting point of “yes I can”?
• Am I able to get in the other persons shoes or are my own glasses so tinted that I can’t see the other point of view?
• Do I wake up every morning with the desire to make a difference?
• Do I recognize that when I point the finger of blame at others there are three fingers pointing back at me?
This list could go on and on. The point is we all make a difference every day in every contact we have with another person. The key question is what kind of a difference do we make? Are we a can do positive influence or do we bring people down?
The decision is yours. You will make a difference today in every life you touch and you get to decide whether that difference is positive and uplifting or a negative downer. Keep in mind the impact you have on others is a direct reflection of you, so make it a positive one.
About the Author:
Charlie Martin is the Founder and Head Coach of engagementtoolbox (http://.www.engagementtoolbox.com) Charlie is the author of The Tools of Engagement, a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) certified by the International Coach Federation and a seasoned leader with over 35 years of experience in a variety of senior level positions in a variety of industries. He can be reached at Charlie@engagementtoolbox.com